Date Posted: 2/12/2019 | Job Category: Account Management | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Apply Now
Innovative Recycling Company Seeks a Collection Specialist
RoadRunner Recycling is looking to bring on a passionate Collections Specialist who is an excellent communicator and has a problem-solving attitude. This person must be willing and able to foster positive, productive, and professional discussions with our customer base and our team members. The Collections Specialist role is vital to RoadRunner’s success and will be an essential member of our growing Account Management team, reporting to the Director of Account Management.
On the day-to-day, the Collections Specialist can expect to interact with our customers and several teams across our organization, specifically members of our Account Management, Finance, and Operations Teams. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting the Account Management team on a varying list of deliverables specific to the onboarding of new customers.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our systems and tools specific to the collection of aged receivables
- Monitor accounts to identify past-due invoices
- Contact customers to determine the status of their past due invoices
- Take actions to encourage timely customer payments
- Apply customer payments to corresponding invoice
- Update customer records with the status of unpaid invoices and the results of collection efforts
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status
- Proven Experience as a Collections Specialist or similar role
- General knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Comfortable working with targets
- Patience and ability to manage stress
- Skilled in negotiation
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly evolving growth environment
- High school diploma; Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree is a plus
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Feels a passion for our mission – building out our concept of an entirely new approach to waste and recycling management.
- Is driven to learn more and develop, to consistently achieve the best possible solutions for our customers and business model.
- Is a team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, and relationship building and communication are key assets to our fast-paced, growing environment.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail. We prize efficiency and accuracy.
- Can gracefully juggle the high volume of accounts. The ability to prioritize and multi-task between workflows is absolutely key.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Amazing opportunity to join the team at its critical expansion moment
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun, fast paced office environment
- Full medical, dental, vision package
- Paid company holidays
- 15-day vacation policy
WHO WE ARE:
RoadRunner Recycling is on a mission to reinvent the process of recycling materials. By applying data-driven logistics we can make recycling massively more efficient – and positively and fundamentally change the way we recycle in America.
We look forward to reading your application!