Date Posted: 3/4/2019 | Job Category: Sales | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Apply Now
The Director of Inside Sales is responsible for developing and driving a world class business development organization to exceed sales pipeline targets for our operating cities. This position will be based out of our headquarters which is in downtown Pittsburgh, PA and will require zero travel. The team which you will lead is made up Business Development Representatives and Sales Coaches who facilitate qualified new business opportunities via outbound telephone calls.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Drive pipeline growth using a metric driven approach.
- Develop, communicate, and drive the execution of our sales pipeline targets.
- Leverage experience and KPIs to identify necessary areas of growth, formulate a strategy to course correct, and execute.
- Refine performance metrics based on key strategic initiatives of the business.
Talent Acquisition & Development:
- Work with the Recruiting team to establish best practices for the interview process as well as provide recommendations to the Executive team for the optimal mix of recruiting tools required to achieve hiring targets.
- Participate in the interview process and oversee the hiring decisions for all members of the team.
- Establish programs and processes to drive the positive cultural development of the business development team.
- Drive the execution of the programs and processes created to achieve a positive cultural environment.
- Develop content to feed formal sales training during on-boarding for the individual contributors and leaders of the team.
- Develop deeper content for on-going training purposes to further develop the sales and management skills of all team members.
- Drive the execution of all training that provides both formal and informal coaching sessions to all members of the team.
- Facilitate a leadership team that emphasizes a culture of coaching and support to drive accountability and respect amongst all team members.
Sales Process & Data Management:
- Drive the adoption of the sales process in our CRM and ensure accuracy of data inputs to all internal systems.
- Responsible for all prospect data, individual team member data, and lead data using prediction technologies.
- Responsible for lead/account strategy and execution.
- Prepare and present weekly reports to the Sales Coaches and the Executive team.
- Review performance with the Executive team and provide strategy recommendations using metric driven insights and a strong pulse of state of the team to achieve a level of high performance.
- Proactively collaborate with other RoadRunner departments such as marketing and operations to optimize business results and customer experience.
General Competencies Include:
- Exceptional relationship builder.
- Genuine ability to establish and maintain a high-level of credibility and respect of your team.
- World-class leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills (ability to use monthly, quarterly, and annual pipeline performance and forecasts to manage sales growth).
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Excellent Salesforce.com skills with the ability to perform some administrative level customizations.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Strong Ethics.
- Direct supervision of 60 plus full-time employees.
- 6+ years of professional experience including 3+ years leading inside sales team(s) in a business to business (B2B) environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Traditional office setting
- Base salary plus variable package based on individual and team performance.
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, & Vision insurance
- 15 days PTO