The Human Resources Director at RoadRunner Recycling will provide a wide variety of Human Resource support and guide the Human Resources department, policies and programs for the company. The role is vital to RoadRunner’s success and you will be an essential member of the growing RoadRunner team, reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer. This position leads human resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes integrity, productivity, goal attainment and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. This is a “hands-on” role. At times, a sense of urgency is required to address candidate and/or employee concerns.
- Manage talent acquisition and on-boarding process for new hires, exit process for terminations, employee and manager training and development, employee relations and retention matters.
- Manage health and other benefits including annual benefits renewals and changes, personnel records management, safety and health, AA/EEO, ADA, and immigration matters.
- Manage HR team members including team recruiters.
- Manage time-off programs including PTO and leaves of absence.
- Enhance and develop HR policy to fit the needs of the company.
- Keep abreast of applicable employment laws and regulations; assist with enforcing adherence to laws and regulations; advise management on needed actions.
- Develop recruitment options and processes to broaden pool of talent.
- Manage employee activities and other employee-oriented events.
- Possess the ability to understand company and department business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company.
- Successfully help monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Monitor and ensure pay equity through use of external pay surveys and internal analysis.
- Maintain a bias for action, strong work ethic, integrity and desire to achieve excellence.
- Audit/approve payroll and time off.
- Assist with company communications.
- Manage HR budget.
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years’ progressive human resource generalist experience
- Specialized training in compensation, benefits, employment law or similar human resources skills preferred
- Active affiliation with appropriate human resources networks and organizations preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in recruitment, compensation, benefits, employment law, organization development and employee relations
- Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
- Ability to source, screen and refer qualified candidates for open roles within organization.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of a high level of confidentiality and professional discretion
- Must execute a high level of attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and other general office equipment
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and thrive in a team environment
- Experience with HRIS management
- Experience managing other HR team members
- Maintain composure and competence under stressful situations; flexibility and adaptability
Perks & Benefits
- Amazing opportunity to join the team at its critical expansion moment and to help shape the department as the company scales
- Full medical, dental, vision package
- Paid company holidays
- 15-day vacation policy
Who We Are
RoadRunner Recycling is on a mission to reinvent the process of recycling materials. By applying data-driven logistics we can make recycling massively more efficient – and positively and fundamentally change the way we recycle in America.
We look forward to reading your application!
|Job Category||Human Resources|