Date Posted: 3/1/2019 | Job Category: Finance | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Apply Now
RoadRunner Recycling is looking to bring on a passionate Staff Accountant who has great attention to detail, enjoys solving problems/challenges, ERP system experience, and wants to help manage the constant flow of vendor bills (AP) and customer invoices (AR). The number of transactions our growing recycling business handles on a daily basis is constantly growing, and we need a new team member to help. Helping to develop and document departmental procedures to accommodate our rapid growth is key. You’d be in the thick of it, doing hands-on accounting as part of our growing, fast-paced team. A willingness to help in any way to achieve our goals is a must.
- Bill (data) entry and organization
- Customer invoicing (preparation, issuance, delivery)
- ACH payment & collections scheduling
- Customer collection calls & vendor inquiry calls
- Sort incoming mail for review by other groups (HR, legal, tax) via virtual mailbox portal
- As needed, other miscellaneous tasks that arise across teams
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly evolving growth environment
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Feels a passion for our mission – building out our concept of an entirely new approach to waste and recycling management.
- Is driven to learn more and develop, to consistently achieve the best possible solutions for our customers and business model.
- Is a team player – this is a highly collaborative and supportive team environment, and relationship building and communication are key assets to our fast-paced, growing environment.
- Possesses a keen attention to detail. We prize efficiency and accuracy.
- Can gracefully juggle the high volume of accounts. The ability to prioritize and multi-task between workflows is absolutely key.
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Amazing opportunity to join the team at its critical expansion moment
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
- Full medical, dental, vision package
- Paid company holidays
- 15-day vacation policy
WHO WE ARE:
RoadRunner Recycling is on a mission to reinvent the process of recycling materials. By applying data-driven logistics we can make recycling massively more efficient – and positively and fundamentally change the way we recycle in America.
We look forward to reading your application!